Monday, July 29, 2013

Thoughts on August

Yesterdays posting may have been misleading or not entirely clear. I wrote about having nothing more to say. I didn't mean to imply I had nothing more to say. What I was trying to express were those times when there is nothing more to say. Perhaps the end of a relationship or a misunderstanding of some type. Those circumstances are what I meant. Me, be quiet ? Are you kidding me ? I just wrote a blog about having nothing more to say ! And today I'm writing about  my writing about nothing more to say. LOL

July is nearly over. Sounds a little funny, seems like summer just began. August. August is a funny month. It's summer, but most of us don't think of it like that. I think most of us think, fall. Or least the introduction to the fall. No big holidays in August. It is a kind of in between month. A lot of things happened to me in the month of August over my life so far. Many events and happenings. I was born in July but August has seemed to be my action month. No big series of events jumps to the forefront, just an awareness. Do you have an action month ?
The kids go back to school here the end of August. As a kid we didn't go back until after labor day. I think that is what adds to this feeling I'm having about August. If the kids have to go back to school, summer is over. That's the way I felt when I was there age. No songs or events come to mind for August. The harvest moon occurs in September, at least in the northern hemisphere it does. July has the birth of the nation to celebrate and September has labor day. What does August have ? Not even pumpkins ! There are a couple of things fascinating about August. First, in common years no other month starts on the same day of the week as August. During leap years February does. Secondly, August ends on the same day of the week as November every year. Pretty cool.
I guess if I had to pick a month to describe where I am in life, it would be August. I've still got life in me, still hot, but cooling down. I haven't lost all my leaves, but they are beginning to thin out. Harvest time is getting closer. Almost rime to reap the fruits of my labors. I can't see myself planting any new crops, if you know what I mean. I'm not much fond of August. August is an end and a beginning. I just would rather something that can make up its' mind. I hate indecision. As dear old Dad was fond of saying, " either *hit or get off the pot."


No comments:

Post a Comment