Sunday, May 5, 2013

Waiting

I don't have many words today as my heart is heavy. My daughter in laws father is failing in health and the watch has been set. To see and feel the sorrow in her heart is a terrible thing. A feeling of helplessness envelopes me. If I could take that pain and sorrow upon my own shoulders, I surely would. The grandchildren are aware as well and their hearts ache.
Facing the loss of a loved one is a difficult thing. We all know our time on this earth is limited. We are all well aware, yet it somehow always comes as a surprise, a surprise filled with shock and grief. There is little we can do to prepare ourselves but cling to our faith.
I pray for a peaceful passing for this man. He has lived a long and full life. May God take him into his home and care for him always. May my daughter in law find peace as well.
No one is really gone if we remember them. I think of them as going to the ultimate vacation paradise. I will see them all again in time. And time is but just a passing, a passing thought or memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment