Thursday, May 16, 2013

Speaking

I wonder how you get the job as Orator. I can speak. I can voice my opinion. Now the question is, how do I get someone to pay for that ? I think it would be a wonderful job. Travel around just talking about stuff. And the best part would be that people listened. After all, if they are paying , they are going to listen.
I hear about various speakers. Motivational speakers and evangelists topping the list. I guess that is what people want to hear the most about. They are searching for motivation or inspiration. I could talk about those subjects.
I wonder how these people got started. What did they do to gain the attention of others. Not only gain their attention, but get them to pay for more. Sounds like a sweet gig to me. I hear a lot of those guys talking about how to get rich in real estate. I'm suspect of them. If they know how to get rich, what are they doing on television trying to sell me their secrets ? I don't believe they are so excited about it that they just want to share.
To be an Orator you do have to have something to say. Something meaningful, useful or at the very least hopeful. I think I could find something to fit one of those categories. Assuming I did find something to say how would I get noticed ? If you say what you want and someone else is listening, couldn't they just steal your theme ? I don't think you can copyright ideas ? Only the famous can be plagiarized. Things I might say are just repeated. A bit of a dilemma.
To speak effectively you must speak with conviction. You must make others believe in your ideas or views. You must provide them with a path to the happiness you enjoy. That happiness usually involves either money or faith. Most people want one or the other. As the speaker I would be happy because I'm making money. As to faith, that is a personal decision. The path to belief is different for everyone. I do think that people that go to listen to an Evangelist already have faith. They just go to have it reaffirmed. Are some " saved " during the meeting ? I wouldn't discount that.
Not being of an evangelical bent I would have to speak of obtaining wealth. This is where the real sticking point is. I don't have a clue. If I did, I'd be rich. I still want to just talk for a living. Can I find a way to talk about gaining wealth without actually gaining wealth myself ? Sure, do it for free. Problem is not many listen for free. Have to find a way to make them pay, then they'll listen. People are just funny like that. If they pay for something, they hate to admit they don't like it. Oh, it's a problem alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment