Saturday, May 11, 2013

It's okay to cry

I'm sitting in front of this keyboard wondering what to write. My mind is still preoccupied with yesterdays sorrow. We buried my daughter in laws father.
My grandson, Mark had prepared a few words to say. He stood up there and began to read the words. His voice was quivering and tears ran down his face but he preserved. It was the most amazing display of love and courage I have ever witnessed. That twelve year old boy showed more poise and grit than is imaginable. I couldn't be prouder of him. I couldn't be more proud to call him my Grandson. As I listened to his most sincere and heartfelt thoughts I too, began to sob , just a little. In the end, when his speech was done, he sat next to me and cried. I held him close to me and learned from him. It's okay to cry ! I was always told that men don't cry. That I now know to be, not true. For I saw the man in Mark, and we cried together. He crying for his Pop-Pop, and I crying for his sorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for the loss in your family but at the same time rejoice in the lesson.

    ReplyDelete