Monday, May 13, 2013

Rolling Along

Getting back in the rut. Sounds like a bad thing but it is not. At least this morning it's not. I'm welcoming it. Traveling along in a rut can be a good thing. The direction is well marked and well traveled. The landmarks are familiar and you don't need to think a whole lot. Yup,sometimes it is good to just roll along. The past week has been emotional and exhausting.
Like a lot of others I will catch myself complaining about life. It's boring,nothing ever happens to me. Why can't I have an exciting life ? Then something does happen and I find myself saying, I can't wait for things to get back to normal. I do wonder where the happy medium exists. Seems I haven't found it. Maybe it is just a myth, like Atlantis.
Looking back one can plainly see how the norm has changed. What was the " rut " thirty years ago would be quite different than what it is today. Was life more exciting in my youth ? Well, not exciting maybe, but definitely filled with other pursuits than today. The ruts come from frequent travel and the ones created are uniquely my own. The ones that have made my journey comfortable. That is why we like to stay in the rut , and the reason why we want to get out.
Monday morning. Back to the daily grind. The road stretches before me. It is not looking too bad either. Putting it on cruise control and am going to enjoy the ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment