Sunday, March 1, 2015

Being Sick

 I got laid low by some form of virus or bug ! The little rascals just snuck right up on me. Well, these things happen. I'm not really complaining as I have been blessed over the years with exceptional health. I often feel I have no right to such a benefit. I mean I seldom exercise, at least deliberately, and as far as watching my diet, I don't. I have known others that try so very hard and yet succumb to a series of maladies. Just why I should be so fortunate is a mystery.
 My reaction to being ill is to just lie still. I don't want to do anything. As it happens I have a wife that is understanding. Some would say that when men become sick their wife becomes their Mommy. Not true, she is just a wife that is understanding. When men get sick, it is a man sized sickness ! That's what I am talking about. She provided me with the obligatory Ginger Ale and dry toast. I believe Ginger Ale has done more to cure myself and others than penicillin !  Throw in some chicken soup and you have the miracle cure. Hey, science supports the chicken soup theory, not sure if they have studied ginger ale.
 I did miss the social interaction on Facebook. I was pleased that several people inquired about me. It is nice to know you are missed. I started posting a Good Morning every morning some time back. It was my thought that social media should be a bit more social. Facebook can be a community if you allow it to be. That is to say, if you interact online in the same fashion as you would in person. That I believe is the biggest cause of friction online, the boldness that relative anonymity allows us. For some it seems to be a sort of negative empowerment. Perhaps it is the only way they feel they can gain attention. At any rate, I did miss the company.
 And so, I'm back. I am on the road to recovery. I need to try and eat some food of substance and gain strength. It is amazing how quickly one can become weakened. I am indeed fortunate that it is only a passing bug. No doctors visit necessary. This was just a part of living. Sometimes we get ill. For me, this was nothing more than an annoyance. I see others that suffer with ill health daily and marvel at their resislance. I think that is why I don't get sick often, I don't do well with it ! Part of the plan ? Yes, I believe it probably is and I am thankful for that. There is a reason for most everything. It is just a matter of discovery. I'll have to think about that. What discovery awaits ? Surely there is something to be learned. Maybe it is nothing more than keep a bottle of ginger ale in the cabinet, just in case.  

No comments:

Post a Comment