Thursday, March 12, 2015

Spring

 I opened the window and peered outside. The fresh air brushed against my face and the sun made me blink. What is this, spring ? Ah, what a refreshing sensation. My eyes are straining for the sight of the crocus. Those greens shoots can not be far beneath the surface now, I expect they are straining against the soil trying to break free. If I listen closely I can almost hear them. The daffodils too, are in waiting. Renewal is at hand. I even walked to work in just a sweatshirt, no bulky coat. A liberating experience after months of bitter cold.
 Soon I will begin enjoying my porch/balcony. A good cleaning and a bit of decorating and it will be ready. A few hanging plants, and some potted, will grace that little piece of America. Old glory flies out there ! I'm thinking maybe a new table may be in order this year. Last year the deck was painted and decorated. I stenciled some " bamboo " shoots on that flooring to add a little pop. My son saw those stencils and said, why do you have marijuana leaves painted on our deck ? Maybe I should change that, it does start a conversation though.
 There are the other chores to start preparing for. I need to service my sons' John Deere and get it ready for the season. The wife and I often work in his yard during the season. We both enjoy doing that and it helps them out. These young folks live some busy lives I'll tell ya that much. When time permits we do have barbecue and build a fire. I'm always planning projects for their yard ! Sometime they agree and we go forward with it. I'm thinking a new fire pit this year. We'll see. Last year I planted grapes but that didn't work out, maybe I'll try it again. Their shed needs some work too ! First I think I'll take a nap in the hammock and give all of that some thought.
 Yes spring is in the air at last. A new season,a change and new opportunities. This year there will be a spring soccer season ! I'm looking forward to that. The little league parade will be soon, followed by other parades and festivals. The spring does draw the community out of hiding and I welcome that. The town awakens.

My chair is ready ! This was before I did the deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment