Friday, March 27, 2015

A Birthday

 Thirty five years ago today a little girl was born. I could not know what an impact this little child would have in my life. In fact, in the life of my entire family. The road we travel takes many twists and turns. This old boy from Long Island wound up in Greensboro Maryland. I had barely heard of Maryland before moving there, only knowing that it was close to the Capital. I didn't know that Maryland had a place they call the eastern shore. Then after moving here I found I am not near the shore at all ! So just why am I here ? Well, as it turned out that little girl was living there, that little girl that would grow up and eventually marry my son Kevin. It was divine intervention, God does work in mysterious ways. And Maria, that little girl, is a small miracle in herself. Yes, my son is lucky to have such a fine girl for a wife but what he needs to remember is she is my " daughter. " Forget all that in law stuff, that is only a term of convenience. A matter of biology having nothing to do with the heart. In every way I think of her as a daughter and love her in that way. Only difference is, I got all the good, without any of the work. Her dad did all the work and he has much to be proud of. Tom, that is her Dad, left this earth two years ago, his job done, but I'm betting he is looking down smiling.
 And so today is a special day, a birthday. Today a little girl was born that would become the bride of my son,the mother of my grandchildren and my daughter. She has brought with her much joy and love into the family. I'm proud to see her taking the grandchildren to church and showing them the way to conduct themselves. She is the epitome of motherhood. No accolades are too great for her. I have been blessed indeed. Happy Birthday Maria. 

No comments:

Post a Comment