Monday, November 10, 2014

Obstacles

For all my blogging and discussion of the issues I remain a somewhat private person. There are certain areas I do not share publicly or readily with others. Now, I'm not talking about the juicy details or what I would call, dirty laundry, nothing like that. I'm talking about health issues, personal finances and that sort of thing. I believe it is unfair to place others in that position. There is nothing they can do but offer sympathy. It is always an awkward conversation. For those reasons, I  keep that stuff to myself.
Each of us deal with obstacles in a different way. Some of us attack with a fury, while others calmly tackle the issue. For some the strength required is immediate. The strain of that will not be felt until the problem has been resolved. In others the initial shock staggers them. These people gain in strength as time passes. Personally I try to take a pragmatic approach. I will have more emotional responses afterwards. The difficulty lies in separating the two. Allowing the mind to run ahead into possibilities does little for me. I tend to run toward toward the negative side. That can be draining. I much prefer to take things one step at a time. Each little victory pushing me forward.
This morning I find myself faced with just such a challenge. It is upsetting and difficult but I will prevail. Life goes forward. There are times when we are alone in this world and that is alright. It is those times that test us. We must meet the challenge. There are also times when we must abandon our little world for the good of another. That is called living.
And so today's posting is short, there is little to be said. There is always a time for talking and a time for doing. It is time to do. Should you pray, include me in your offerings. What is required is known to the one that can help, and that is enough. A little extra couldn't hurt though.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment