Thursday, November 13, 2014

Not our choice

The storm still rages around me but I have a course set. I feel better for knowing what lies ahead in the immediate future but uneasy for the long term. Normal has indeed changed. Where will the new normal settle ? That is the question that causes the most anxiety. There is nothing one can do about that unless you can gaze into a crystal ball. The future is not ours to know. Predictions, no matter how well intended or factually based, offer little relief. Reassurances they are called. They even sound hollow when you offer them, but what else can we do ?
Something positive almost always comes out of these happenings. We may not see it at first but it is there. I can see positive results as a possibility but my confidence is low. The struggle to remain positive is tiring. We all have our jobs to do and must carry our share. That is how we get through these things, by helping one another and working together. Forever forward.
Bad things do happen to good people. That is just the reality of life. I believe we can influence those actions but not control them. And so, bad things sometimes happen. It does no good to sit and question why. Our time is better spent looking for the answers to the problem. There will plenty of time to ponder the why's later on. I do not feel targeted in this universe. I don't think anyone is targeted, just participants in the grand scheme. We do not get to choose our roles.


No comments:

Post a Comment