Monday, November 24, 2014

A new day

Today is a continuation of yesterday. I believe we often think in those terms, but we should not. Each day is new and an opportunity. This isn't a new concept by any means, but one worth reviewing. The last few weeks have served as a reminder to myself about just that. What is in the past, has past and may be visited but never recreated. Today, right now, is the time for creation. It is what we do at this very moment that creates the day. The materials we choose to build with are certainly drawn from yesterdays' experiences, but what we build is new. Some label that process growth. We tend to think of growth as an extension of something already in existence. What of new growth ? Does growth have to stem from the old ? Yes, in a fashion I suppose it does. There is little new in the world, only old things rearranged. Whether the " new " arrangement is beneficial or not is often up for debate. This is true with ourselves as well as material things. We can rearrange ourselves if we choose to do so. The only real question being, should we ?
In order to answer that question we need ask another. Just where does the obligation lie ? Are we obligated to only ourselves or to the universe as a whole ? It would seem that is the only two reasonable choices one could have. Either I feel it is I, alone in the universe as a single entity battling the forces and making my way through a random existence, forming alliances and attempting to gain: what ? That is the problem with the I scenario. What is my purpose in being here ? A random function ? Doesn't make much sense does it ? The other choice is an obligation to the universe as a whole. The universe created me. I call my creator God, but you may have a different name, makes no difference. The concept is exactly the same. I was created and being created I have a purpose, a function. If not, I wouldn't have been created in the first place. Each birth is a miracle, and miracles don't happen by accident. They are not random occurrences any more than the creation of the universe just happened ! So, for me the question is answered, I am obligated to the universe. I am obligated to a higher power than myself.
As to whether I should rebuild or recreate myself, rearrange the pieces as it were, the answer would have to be yes. No one of us are perfect in every way. Vigilance is the key to happiness. To live in harmony with the universe is the goal. Edison said to repeat the same action and expect different results is insanity. Hard to argue with a genius. It is the results that are of importance. If there is unrest in your life that is an indicator. Define the cause of that unrest. If the unrest is caused by others, there is little you can do to alter that. If the unrest is caused by your own actions, that is what you control. A simple concept most difficult to execute. Each moment offers us a chance. That doesn't mean you have to take it, just consider the choices. I don't believe anyones' function is to create disfunction. So if what you are doing is creating that, that may require some further evaluation.
I have wandered off the topic I started with. I often take these little strolls and find them refreshing. Sometimes all you have to do is repeat the things you have already learned to gain new insight. That is the layers thing I have read about. The depth of thought some call it, others call it understanding. Me, I call it ramblin'. Thing is, when you ramble and roam you never know where you will end up. It is always a surprise and I like surprises. Today is a new day.
Luke 1:78 A new day will dawn on us from above because our God is loving and merciful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment