Sunday, November 23, 2014

Feeling alright

Recent events have given me pause. They have caused me to to stop and look around. That can be an uncomfortable thing at times. It is also of benefit if one allows it to be. Fortunately I don't find myself lost or confused, just perhaps more contemplative of the road I have chosen. And I am where I am because of my choices, of that I have no doubt. I can also say I have few regrets. Oh, there are things I would do differently, I think we all would agree given the chance, but living with regret, no. Complaints only lead to further complaints.
So I find myself standing here just looking around. I like what I see and the surroundings are comforting. I've got a good thing going on, as the saying goes. I think I have attained the most important things in life. We may all wonder about our purpose in life and that is natural. What purpose do we serve ? Each of us are integral to the function of the whole. Becoming comfortable with your purpose is the challenge of man. Do you need to know that purpose ? I would say no. Results rely upon actions not goals. Knowing what you are to accomplish would certainly be of benefit but it is not our lot. We have been told how to live our lives and that is enough. Do that, and you fulfill your purpose.
I think I will just continue on this path. That may sound arrogant or self righteous but I don't feel that way. I just think I am fortunate to not have strayed too far off. I am thankful to friends ,family and my God for that. There is nothing wrong with feeling as though you are doing alright. To my way of thinking, changing directions too often only leads to confusion. Everything happens for a reason, I believe that. It was time to stop and smell the roses. Why ? I don't  know and I don't need to know. Perhaps it was just a reminder. Perhaps it was to provide further motivation. I don't think it was necessarily an indicator to change courses. You know everything that affects you, isn't about you. That is a lesson that is hard to learn. It is also a lesson that is even harder to apply in our lives. As the kids nowadays would say, " get over yourself. " Yup, that about says it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment