Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Into the storm

I find it much easier to write and pontificate on life, and the living of it, when things are going smooth.Well, not really smooth per se, more like normal. My little world has been shaken lately and things are not normal. I feel the desire to write my morning blog, that is normal right ? Or is that compulsive ? Whatever the case I am finding little to write about. My thoughts being preoccupied with other things. Perhaps the desire to write this blog is a struggle for normalcy. That is not a bad thing. I do believe in just moving on. The old adage every journey begins with one step is true. Just keep walking is another way of saying that. Every once and a while a little rain must fall. That doesn't mean you should drown in the puddles !
I find myself anxious and impatient. I'm anxious for the future and what it may bring. I'm also impatient for things to unfold. I want to reach the new normal and the comfort that comes with that. Unsettled and upset is what I am. Trying to react in a way that is comforting and reassuring for another is my primary focus at this time. How best to do that ? I think just by being my normal self. Problem is, things aren't normal. I'm not normal either. I know, there are those that will say they have known that for some time, ha ha, but that isn't what I'm talking about. Acting normal in an abnormal situation is a challenge. You can come off as cold and impersonal. A tip too far in the other direction can cause consternation on the other person's part. Maintaining an even keel is what is desired. In heavy seas it best to go head on, and not wallow in the trough. Good advice in life as well. Don't wallow in  the trough. In other words don't stay in the low spots but rise to the top. There will be ups and downs but you can navigate. Chart a course and stick to the compass. My compass is my faith. You know, it makes little difference if the waters are calm or stormy you should always follow that compass. It is easy to become complacent in calm waters. It is also easy to grasp at that compass when heavy weather strikes. The fair weather sailor has little confidence in a storm. I am confident I'll weather this tempest, my compass never fails.

No comments:

Post a Comment