Sunday, June 30, 2013

Into the clouds

I'm reading one the blogs I follow and discover that Google reader goes away tomorrow. I wonder what that means ? A suggested alternative was provided by this fellow blogger. So off into the cyber world to find out what this is all about. To be honest, I still don't really understand it but I have switched to Freeby, I think. I don't know it is all very confusing to the uninitiated. All I know is I want to be able to read those blogs that I follow. As to what will happen to my blogs and if anyone else will be able to read them I haven't yet decided. It will be a wait and see kind of thing. I think I need an explanation of Google reader for dummies and what it all means to me. I didn't know I had Google reader. Isn't Google, Google ? Apparently not, not any more than Ford is a car I guess. Depends upon the year and model.
Now this one I selected was recommended by some " expert " not that fellow blogger. It isn't that I don't trust that bloggers opinion but thought I'd have a look on my own. This expert claims this was the easiest way to transfer my RSS feeds. Don't know what they are but I better transfer them. The big selling point was a one click deal and it linked to Facebook. Probably some more information gathering from the government but I don't care. I just want to read those blogs.
Now I have a new system thing to learn about. First is how to get back to it. The expert says I can customize the view to suit. He says it is real easy, I like that, and smooth. Like smooth, too ! This wasn't what I expected to be doing on a Sunday but I'll have to devote some time to it. Hope I can figure it out. Well I didn't pay anything for this Google reader thing that is going away so I have no reason to complain. The cyber world giveth and taketh away. Now the one I have says I'm in the cloud. Soaring to new heights I guess ? I just hope it isn't a storm cloud !

No comments:

Post a Comment