Saturday, June 8, 2013

It's simple

The news is reporting that the government has been monitoring our phones and internet. Are you surprised by that ? I'm not a bit surprised. As far as the phone goes I don't think anyone is actually listening but numbers are being recorded. Just how the government is watching the internet I have no clue. I have just always assumed nothing on the internet is a secret. Nothing ! If a person has the skills they can retrieve any data they want. A skilled operator can definitely hack my computer and I'm betting 99% of computers in the home.
I find it more amazing that anyone would believe the internet is private. I'm thinking you would have to be pretty naive to believe that. Look up a product you wish to buy. In the next few hours, and for days afterward, pop up ads will appear targeting that very product. Coincidence ? Not hardly. And social media sites like Facebook, isn't that there very purpose ? To encourage social interaction among the masses. And they do that because they are just nice guys ? I don't think so, there is a lot of money to be made here. The number one thing required to make money ? Information. Information is the key to making a fortune. Information is power.
Is the government collecting all this data for some sinister purpose ? A plot to overthrow the government ? The government wants to overthrow the government ? And if they do what would they replace it with ? More government . Spare me the big conspiracy theories. I'm no fan of the current administration. I can't wait for a " change. " The last change wasn't so great in my opinion. Nevertheless, I don't believe for an instant this administration is doing any more monitoring than any other did. The fact is it is a necessary evil. There are forces in the world that mean no good. To expose there plots and communications is essential.
The bottom line for me is simple. If you want to keep a secret do not put it online. Do not talk about it on your telephone. Do not write it down,anywhere,at any time for any purpose. There is only one real way to keep a secret. DON'T TELL ANYONE ! Pretty simple ,eh ?
I put nothing online I wouldn't want to share with the world. Online I keep my secrets safe. I don't print them. If the government started opening my snail mail I would get upset. That's going too far. Writing snail mail may be inconvenient these days but if that is the price to keep something secret, okay. Then all I have to worry about is the recipient. Will they tell ? Probably, secrets are hard to keep.

No comments:

Post a Comment