Sunday, June 9, 2013

More than dancing

We attended my granddaughters dance recital yesterday. As always it was a wonderful show. All the girls did a tremendous job. It is hard to believe how much she has grown. Watching her move across that stage with grace and precision. And I might add she does it with great poise as well. It truly is a remarkable thing.
I took her first pair of dance shoes,slippers really, and a photo of her and put them in a shadow box. Her Mom has that sitting on her dresser and I am struck by how old that now seems. Time does have a way of creeping up on you. That time is fast becoming a distant memory.
Yes, my little girl is growing up way too fast. The whole world is becoming too fast. How often I heard that phrase and didn't understand. Now I'm beginning to understand all too well. If that is the wisdom one gains with age, I'd just as soon not know. The end of the school year and the beginning of another summer. Funny how we measured time by summers when we were children and start doing that again when we are grandparents ! The circles  in life are everywhere.
Morgan does have one more year in elementary school. The coming school year will be another milestone. I'm kinda hoping time will drag its' feet on this one. I could use a long summer. As I watched her dance I watched the years going by. I saw her dancing to I'm a little teapot in my minds eye, while she danced to A Thousand Years by Christina Perri. My,my the time has flown by and the song has changed but she will always be Grandpas' little girl. Dance on Morgan, dance on.

Morgan


No comments:

Post a Comment