Thursday, June 27, 2013

Not Yet

Resignation. That is the word to describe my feelings this morning. Resigned. I watch the news and am left with that. The fight has been fought and the court has decided. I must resign. I have written my opinions, spoken my opinions and voiced my objections, all to no avail. The decision did not go my way.
I will not speak further. The roar of the Lion has been replaced with the grumbling of the meek. I must accept that.
With that resignation comes a sadness. A sadness for a dream lost along the way. A sadness that there was nothing I could do to prevent this. Future generations will come to resent this decision and my generation is to blame. The torch was passed to us from the greatest generation and we have done little but tarnish it. We should be ashamed. The time is fast approaching for us to hand that torch over. And what will we be handing it to ? A generation of our creation. A generation of everything for everybody and a generation where one looks to pass the blame and responsibility. A generation either unwilling or afraid to stand up for what is just and right. A generation without a spine.
We have ridden on the laurels of our parents and grandparents. We who have done nothing but complain and protest. It is time for us to grow up and accept that responsibility from our parents and grandparents. Time to apply the principles set forth by the founding fathers. Time to quit second guessing their meanings and intent. Time to return to America.
And now I know I cannot resign. I may feel that way, but it is not in me. I will not acquiesce to what I feel is wrong. I shall continue to speak after all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment