Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Friends

I was remembering a time shortly having having gotten my drivers license. Naturally all my friends had just gotten there's as well. As it turned out, at one point three of us had the same make of car. Ford falcons. The colors were red, white and, you got it, blue. All happened by coincidence too. In fact my car was given to me by an Uncle. We three rode to school in our cars and would enter the parking lot in single file. Parking next to one another. We called it the falcon brigade. We spent our days hanging out with one another and sometimes working odd jobs. We were a tight knit group.
I recall one evening we were out just riding around as kids will do. One member of our little group was not with us. He was at home feeling a little depressed about something. I can't say exactly what it was but it was probably girl troubles. Had a lot of those back in the day. And so we decided to go cheer him up. We drove  over to his house and parked in the driveway. Then we all stood on the hood and roof of the car and began to sing. We started singing, if you could call it that, Lean on Me. It was a popular song at the time and we thought it was hilarious. What his parents thought of this I can't remember. I don't even remember if he came out of the house.
It was just a little incident in time. One I still remember from about 1970. We sure had some good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment