Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Disappointed

The electorate has spoken. The voice of the people. I apparently have differing opinions from the majority. I will have to reconcile my feelings and actions accordingly. Having the privilege to cast my ballot does not guarantee a victory for my belief. I must conform with the results as far as the law affects my actions. My personal opinions and beliefs remain intact. I wish the best for our country, individuals aside, but fear we have decided upon a treacherous course in history.
I am naturally disappointed in the choice of the electorate. More properly I am disappointed in the apparent lack of understanding of just what is facing this Republic we call America. To continue on the same path, that has been shown to be misguided, is folly. I am concerned not only for my America but the America of my descendants. Will they one day read longingly of the freedoms their ancestors enjoyed ? I can only relieve my burden of responsibility by stating here and now, I was opposed. I cast my ballot. I voted !
My hope is that on another occasion, in another election, the electorate come to understand. I will continue to work towards the preservation of freedom. It was a hard fought battle. Another battle will begin and I will vote again.
If I were more gracious I would congratulate the opposition. I am not that gracious. The continuance of this policy and direction causes me way too much concern for that. I must accept the results but I don't have to like or agree with it. Only history will reveal the final answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment