Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Facebook and the Fridge

Yesterday I wrote about creating things. Whether those things are objects or thoughts. I was thinking about when we were younger and how we would readily share those things. We had no thoughts of rejection or criticism. I was remembering that feeling when Mom put it in the most revered place in the home. On the refrigerator. I still do that with the Grandkids stuff. I'm sure you all do as well. But now we have a much larger refrigerator. We can post almost anything on there, and we do. We call it Facebook. Facebook is the refrigerator of the world. Want to know about a person ? Go to their Facebook pages or better still their wall. A quick study of that will show you a lot about that person. Scroll down and read their comments.
I hear about people complaining about privacy concerns using Facebook. If they kept in mind that posting things on Facebook is the same as putting it on your refrigerator door, I'm sure a lot less information would make its' way there. Unless you want me sitting in your kitchen, while you are out of the room, you probably shouldn't post so much.
I'm guilty of overposting. I admit it. I post everything of interest to me on there. People who know me will say, " don't post this on Facebook. " I do try to honor those requests, but sometimes things are just too funny not to share. And the Grankids are just too cute !
To be completely honest about the whole deal I have to say I love posting my stuff on the refrigerator door. I love it as much today as I did when I was a kid. I think we all like that feeling. Facebook is a way of recapturing it. Whether we make it up ourselves or find it in a funny status shuffle we love to post those things. Our pictures, memories and accomplishments. Isn't technology great.


No comments:

Post a Comment