Thursday, May 24, 2012

Vacationing

Fresh back from a short vacation. I sure could get used to being on vacation. Can you get that as a job ? Vacationer. I'd write reviews about the experience. Sounds like a fine job to me.
I really do enjoy spending time with the grand kids. It is so much easier when there are pools,hot tubs,beaches,and a myriad of things to amuse them. Fun in the sun and the sand. I didn't hear, I'm bored,there is nothing to do not one time ! They were happy just taking the stairs instead of the elevator !
I did notice people are different when on vacation. For the most part they are friendlier and more courteous. Well,except if they are waiting on an attraction or seating at the restaurant. This is especially true at the beach or pool. Maybe that is because we are half naked. You do feel a little more vulnerable when wearing less clothing. And why or why do those hotel rooms have to have full length mirrors. Scared myself with one of those. Some old guy in a bathing suit was in the room ! Until I realized it was me.
I did take a lot of pictures. Always do. Took over four hundred on this trip. Maybe got fifty or so good ones. The pictures always look better through the lens. By the time they make it to the computer screen something has happened to those pixels. Why do we always look at the picture we just took ? I'd snap the shot and immediately someone is saying, let me see. Okay, but aren't you looking at the same thing I am ? When it is a picture of ourselves we want to look. Delete is the common word following that.
Sunburned and sore muscles. Back to eating in. No more,what are we going to do today ? Already know what to expect. A return to the norm. The grass needs cutting, the laundry needs washing and the pets need tending. Didn't miss any of those chores. Missed the animals but not the care and cleaning of them.
Going to look into that " vacationer " job. I've got experience. Will travel.

No comments:

Post a Comment