Sunday, May 20, 2012

Making Memories

I'll be leaving for a short vacation this morning. We are going with my son and his family to Myrtle Beach,South Carolina. Off for a few days of fun in the sun. I'm always amazed at the amount of work involved before leaving. So many things to take care of. And arrangements to be made. The pets have to be cared for. And of course the house has to be spotless and all the laundry done. Not sure why that is important but the wife says it is,so it is. In my opinion in falls into the same category as wearing clean underwear on a trip in case you get in an accident ! In case the apartment catches on fire or anything wouldn't want the emergency personnel to see my dirty clothes. Oh well, whatever it takes to make things run smoothly.
I am looking forward to a little rest and relaxation. We plan on spending most of the time at the beach or in the pool. I expect we will play a round of miniature golf, it is a family tradition of sorts. We usually have a trophy presentation for that event. Everyone gets to play. My son always gets sun burned. I'm looking forward to eating out. That is something I don't do very often. I associate that with vacation and special occasions. Cracker Barrel  is on the horizon.
My daughter in law Maria is responsible for these vacations. It is her planning and hard work that make them possible. She does all the reservations and planing. I'm thankful she is in our lives and gets us old folks moving. If it weren't for her, this old Bonacker would still be sitting on his butt in Greensboro. I'm especially thankful that she wants us to come along. It is a simple joy in life to have wonderful grandchildren and a wonderful daughter in law to go with them. That isn't always the case in life and I would say we are very fortunate. I'm attributing it to our good parenting skills. Both of our boys married well !
So ,it's off to the beach we go. I'm looking forward to a new adventure and making some memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment