Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Recital

My Grand daughters' annual ballet recital is just around the corner. In previous years I have taken her to her lessons and became familiar with the songs being played. I would sit in a separate room so as not to be a distraction and just listen. They always started with the tap routine. I would hear the tapping of those shoes on that hardwood floor. At first the taps where like the sound of twenty carpenters and as the year progressed they would begin to be in unison. Following that was the ballet/dance portion. All I could hear was the music.
You could go outside and peek through the vertical blinds into the studio. I would do that on occasion. You got to see various portions of the program but it was far to difficult to attempt to put it all together. Once during the " season " was parent observation night. On that one night you get to watch. This was also the first year I didn't attend that event.
So this year you could say I'm out of the loop. In years past I was aware of all the happenings and events. I didn't know the exact order of the program but had a good idea about the songs. I would know some dances as well. I'll definitely being attending the recital. I wouldn't miss that for anything. And it will all be new to me. That will be a change. I have mixed feelings about that. On one hand it is nice to be totally surprised but I kinda liked being in the know as well. This year I don't feel like I'm a part of it. Just an observer. An unfamiliar circumstance. I think it is a basic human desire. The desire to be a part of it all. In years past at least I was the driver. Oh well I'm certain the program will be wonderful. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment