Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Excuses

Now I hear that Autism in America is on the rise. Seems like this is just another in a long line of diseases and maladies that are on the rise. Whereas you have to empathize with those that suffer from any sort of medical issues these reports leave me wondering. How much is truth, how much is the drug companies trying to make a buck and how much is people looking for excuses.
A number of these ailments that are on the rise have no explanation. The scientists are baffled. Some make claims to having more knowledge now, so that is why it is being recognized. Others are searching for answers in our food supply,air quality and in the drugs we take. Haven't heard of any just saying maybe some of these cases on the rise are not real. Perhaps some people are receiving this diagnosis from the doctors to just silence them. The doctors just get tired of hearing the complaints and make a diagnosis.
In my humble opinion a lot of people are looking for excuses. For everything that doesn't go their way they make an excuse. We are becoming a country of spoiled little brats. I feel sad, give me drugs to make me happy. I can't seem to get along with others, must be a medical reason for that because it can't be my fault. Excuses and more excuses. Pride and dignity are taking a back seat to perseverance and hard work.
I'm not saying these conditions don't exist. I'm not saying we have not made advances in medicine and the treatment of mental illness. What I am saying is we are too quick to reach for the easy way out. Instead of holding people accountable for their own actions, we attempt to modify their behavior artificially.
I'm saying that sometimes we feel sad. Sometimes we have aches and pains. Some of us are just not too sharp. We are not all the same. We have different personalities.
The things I see different with this new generation are this. No accountability. Don't spank children, don't yell at them and for heavens sake don't discipline them. Don't hold them accountable for their actions, give them a second chance. And if that doesn't work give them a third. If the offensive behavior continues find an excuse and medicate them. If you can't medicate the problem away, sue somebody ! Everyone gets a medal for everything.
Some things are just what they appear to be. It is as simple as that. Let us not get the idea that we know it all. There are bad apples, the cause is not so important to understand. It just is.The only thing to do for it is to cut it out. I know it sounds a bit harsh. Well life is harsh and all what you make it. You can not diagnosis that away. You can not medicate it away either. I'm growing tired of the excuses.


No comments:

Post a Comment