Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thoughts

Did you ever want to say something but just know better ? Something that is on your mind but shouldn't be spoken aloud ? C'mon, we all have those thoughts. Mostly I think when we get angry or upset with others. Then we tend to have bad thoughts and make harsh judgments. Mom always said, if you don't have something nice to say,don't say anything at all. Even when it is the truth ! Don't hurt someones feelings.People will think you are vain and conceited.
It is a wise man that tempers his thoughts with kindness and consideration. Far better to keep ones opinions to ones self at times. Oh I have met those that just blurt out the first thing that comes to mind. Those people that have no regard for others feelings. I've met a few that do that in an effort to be funny. And even some that genuinely believe they are giving constructive criticism.There is little you can do about them.
I think we all have someone we can take into our confidence. Someone to share this secret thought with. Funny how it is such a release to be able to speak your thoughts out loud or barring that put them into print. There is always the risk of being misunderstood. Even by those closet to us,the risk is there. Putting those thoughts into print is a whole new dimension. I wouldn't recommend it. Far too easy to be misunderstood in that medium. I have had the idea of a secret journal. After my passing it would be " discovered " and all is revealed. The plain unvarnished truth,no holds barred,this is what I think she-bang ! But further thought on that leaves me thinking that probably wouldn't be a good idea. Not that I believe I have a stellar reputation or anything like that, but a secret journal may contain a few surprises. Some of them others may not like ! Some may even alter whatever conception those closest to me may have had. Wouldn't want to change that. I should say I wouldn't want to risk damaging whatever positive thoughts I have left behind.
I have mentioned this in past blogs and I still think this way. I want to grow really old. The reason I want to grow really old is simple. The elderly get to pretty much say whatever is on their mind without repercussion.
To speak freely. All older people I have had experience with did this and they always told the truth. No hidden agendas with them. They just spoke the plain truth. I admire that. They were not mean or spiteful about what they were saying. They had no intent to hurt others. Maybe it is because they have held their tongue for so long.
Guess I'll just wait it out. In the meantime I'll try to keep my thoughts about certain things to my myself. That secret journal though, it is an interesting idea. Well,now it is no secret is it ? Or is it ?

1 comment:

  1. I've actually put angry words to print...in letter to the one I'm mad at, but then I destroy the letter. I've gotten the evil out, and not hurt a soul. But...make sure you do burn the written word, if you try this! It could have severe consequences if you don't!

    ReplyDelete