Thursday, October 6, 2011

Plain talk and common sense

I keep hearing about the government wanting to create new jobs. What's wrong with the old ones ?
The ones that used to be there. They were perfectly fine jobs. All kinds of jobs,too. Not just construction jobs like the government is talking about. Why don't we just use those jobs instead of creating new ones ?
Because the private sector doesn't have any money to hire,that's why. Because the private sector,unlike our government,can't run at a lose year after year. Because the private sector can't keep borrowing money to pay back borrowed money, that's why. Because the private sector KNOWS you can not spend your way out of debt.
The government,as an employer,is not a good thing. Well,unless you are the employee and don't really care about the country. Look at the salaries the government pays. Look at the benefits. Look at the number of paid holidays,sick days,personal days and other days.Is it any wonder they are going broke ? I know, I am a former employee of the government. The government wants to create new jobs. To do what ? To keep the people beholding to the company store ? If we are all working for the government doesn't that imply the end of free enterprise ? I'm just sayin'. The land of the free and the home of the dependent doesn't quite have the ring to it that the home of the brave does, now does it? But that is where we are headed.
Do you know that each Congressman is paid a minimum of  $174.000 annually and can hire up to 18 aides ?
And how often does he/she actually sit in congress doing the governments work ? Not too much. How many times do you hear they are on vacation ? Think about it. If I'm paying my staff that kind of cash I want them at work,every day !
I think it was Jefferson that said, a government big enough to provide everything is big enough to take everything. Or something close to that. Is that what we want ? I don't. Just something to think about.
I'm thinking we as a nation have become too greedy. We want it all. To have the proverbial cake and eat it too. Not gonna happen people. We have allowed the government to get out of hand. We have voted (or not voted ) and allowed this to happen.
I don't have any answers. Wish I did. I'm just the common man doing the best I can. I get irritated with the bureaucrats and their rhetoric.I like plain talk and common sense. The fact is the government is deeply in debt. You can't spend your way out of debt. You can't borrow your way of debt. You can't keep giving money away to every foreign nation that asks. And you can't expect the general population to be pleased with giving the government 30% of their income. All the politicians talk about what they will do. None,I repeat none,will do what is really necessary. They wouldn't get reelected and would probably be thrown out of office.
If the necessary steps were to be taken a whole lot of people would be upset !
The bottom line is this, eat the cake and it is gone ! That's plain talk and common sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment