Friday, January 28, 2011

Weather Watcher

Like most people in my generation I tend to watch the weather, alot. As you age you have a tendency to become almost obsessed with it. I'm not quite sure why this is . At my age I've seen just about every kind of weather there is,except for a tornado,and I don't want to see that first hand. As a consequence I tune the television into the weather channel and local news channels to catch the report. Given this experience I feel qualified to make a statement. There are an awful lot of attractive female meteorologists. Look I'm just sayin'.
The Guys are just normal looking Guys. Guess I'm not real qualified in that area but I know an ugly dude when I see one. The women however are a different story altogether. I wonder if they have to take modeling 101 and have been the winner of at least beauty pageant to gain entrance to school ?  I'm just sayin' there seems to be a disportionate number of good looking female weather persons.
Don't get the wrong idea. I'm not offended by this and in fact it is not unpleasant in any way to me. I just have to think that somewhere a; shall we say, less than attractive gal took an interest in meteorology. At the very least one would expect an overweight version. The traffic girls are in the same situation I think. Could it be that bias is being practiced in our on air personalities ? Or is it shear vanity on the part of the applicants ?
Now with the straight news reporter it is often different. Those ladies are more of a mixed bag (no pun intended). They range in age and appearance more on what I would call the normal scale. I don't want to wander into the dumb blonde theory but ? Why is it alright for news journalists to be average looking but the others not so much ?
I suppose the answer is very simple and we all know what it is. The truth of the matter is the show needs ratings. Ratings means viewers. Men are pigs ! Put a good looking broad up there and we will watch !
I'm just sayin' !
Disclaimer : Just for the record this doesn't work with me. I only watch for the most accurate forecast possible. And a woman's appearance means nothing,it is what is in her heart that counts !

No comments:

Post a Comment