Saturday, January 22, 2011

In the Loop

Ever been involved with family,friends or co workers concerning a specific project or topic? Sure you have and then you find out some decision was made without you knowing about it. I call it being out of the loop.
I can't stand it when I'm out of the loop.I was just discussing this with you and then you went ahead and made a decision without consulting me further. I'm out of the loop !
There are a couple reasons you may wind up out of the loop. One being the person/persons have already  heard what you have to say and don't agree. So then rather tell you they just do what they want. You're out of the loop! The decision had to be made right away for some reason is another cause. This is a more understandable explanation but still leaves me outside the loop.
I've been in the situation were two or more have conspired against me purposely leaving me out of the loop.
Their intentions may have been good but the result was the same. I'm out of the loop. I hate it when someone asks you about something and you're only response is,I don't know I'm out of the loop ! I should know. I was involved with the situation but I don't know. Now this other person is giving me additional information that I don't know about ! How did they get in the loop ?
Most of us belong to several different loops. Family loops,business loops and social loops. Sometimes these loops remain completely separate and sometimes they become jumbled together. It can become difficult to keep all this straight in your mind. Occasionally information that belongs in one loop gets transmitted to a different loop and causes issues. The problem arises when I'm not aware of who is in your loops and add information to that loop. Oh,it gets complicated. Or perhaps you got left out of the loop altogether.
I like to be informed and I'm sure we all do. Being in the loop is an important aspect of our daily lives. Exclude us and the result is usually not a good thing. We become isolated. Most will seek to join a new loop.
I may find someone in this other loop that is also in your loop and find out what it is that you're hiding by not keeping me in the loop !
I'm not sure where all this loop business is taking me. I just know I like being in the loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment