Friday, December 1, 2017

empaths and victims

 As I read the comments on social media it has become clear to me. We are raising a generation of empaths and victims. Well, that's not a fair statement, it is not just a certain generation, but rather a trend. I see this being adopted across several generations. In the past we had the movers and shakers, the go-getters, those with their nose to the proverbial grindstone, hard working folks doing the best they could with whatever they had. But now, now I see those looking for a handout, using any excuse at hand to justify their lack luster performance in life. They search for every conceivable circumstance to explain this. If it isn't their race, religion, creed or educational level, it is something else. They have a medical excuse, they have a mental excuse, and use that excuse to excuse their excuses ! They are the victims ! Nothing is their fault, nothing at all, they are victims and therefore entitled to compensation. The only requirement to receiving this compensation is being a victim. No need to actually do anything to earn that compensation, nope, I'm a victim and should be compensated for that.
 On the other side we have the empaths. Being empathic is a wonderful trait. Being empathic is a sign of superior intelligence. Empathy is proof that you are a good and noble person. I can feel and understand the feelings of others. The empaths use this amazing ability to project themselves into other peoples situations and feel their pain. Yes, but the problem with todays empaths is they want everyone else to pay for it, but themselves. These folks will write long postings espousing the plight of the unfortunate folks in our society, the victims, and call for action. Not action of their part however, action from those of us that call for accountability rather than a handout. The empaths, remember, are the intelligent ones. Should others place blame on a victim, the empaths will attack saying you lack, you guessed it, empathy ! Obviously we are deficient ! And so the cycle continues.
 It is all a part of the liberal agenda being put forth in the country today. If you are going to allow all manner of aberrant behaviors you pretty much have to have this attitude. You have to be an empath or a victim. If you choose not to participate in these aberrant behaviors you still have to find a way to justify them. The easiest way is to say, I understand your feelings and as long as you are not hurting me, personally, it is alright. Along with that you have to say, I understand that you are a victim. If you don't get your way, you are a victim. The liberal agenda is all about personal feelings, the individual being placed before anything else. That is why the dismissal of God and country. Can't have either of those things guiding our thinking. Do not lose sight of want you want. The individual desire is top priority. Everything else takes a back seat.
 Yes empathy is the ability to place yourself in someone else's shoes. I can understand your situation. The part of empathy that a great number of people fail to understand is,  just because I can understand it, that doesn't make your actions or choices correct ! Look, I understand the cake tastes great, I love chocolate frosting too, but you weigh 400 lbs. , so stop eating the cake ! The empath of today however will blame the cake, the baker, your metabolism or social pressure for that ! They are empathic ! You are just a victim, not your fault. I should provide some form of compensation. Perhaps free health screenings, counseling or professional therapy. Now I understand you are the victim so I shouldn't have to pay, but those that don't agree with me should ! In fact, those others should be thanking me for enlightening them about your plight. They should consider a monthly donation to support the cause. Consider it a sort of penance for your lack of empathy. There are some that pay that penance as proof of their empathy.
 Yes the true empath today will not hold anyone accountable for anything they do, or don't do. I understand and it is alright. It's alright because I understand it. Isn't that the message, the lesson being taught today ? Do not place fault on the victim ! The victim is never wrong, ever. What ? You think you can be a victim of your own choices ? Obviously you lack empathy. You just don't get it. If you don't get to do, or not do, whatever you like, when you like it, in the manner that you like you are a victim ! We will identify the cause of this and label it plainly for everyone. As long as it can be identified, labeled and categorized, that is the reason. We will end whatever term we select with an " ism " If it is an " ism " that's a bad thing. Of course it could be worse, it could be an " ist. " You know feminist, chauvinist, racist, migyonist or any number of " ists. " Me, I like to think of myself as a realist. There is that " ist " again. I'm not a victim of anything. I deal with circumstance and consequence. That's how I view life but then I lack empathy, so what would I know.      

No comments:

Post a Comment