Tuesday, December 5, 2017

baking a cake

 The case of the baker and the cake goes to the supreme court this week. What a waste of judicial process. Well, we will get the courts opinion on this whole matter. As anyone of you that have read anything I have written in the past about this knows, I don't believe he has to bake that cake. My reasoning is quite basic, it's his business. He says he doesn't want to bake a cake to be used for a ceremony that is offensive to him and his religious beliefs. Is that prejudicial ? That's the question isn't it ? Initially one might think so, I can see that point of view. If I am the one wanting that cake it is certainly the way I feel, I didn't get what I wanted. Of course why the person doesn't just go to another baker I really don't understand, it is what I would do. You don't want to bake my cake, I don't want to give you my money ! Fact is, I'm not going to have much of anything good to say about you or your store. I'm going to do that because I'm an adult and know I can't always have it my way, hey, this ain't Burger King ! Kids used to be King there once, today not so much. But I digress.
 I have read many articles about accommodations being made in the workplace for those of the Muslim faith. Apparently their faith precludes them from handling pork or pork products. From all accounts they get very offended by that. I've read where they get reassigned at their jobs so they don't have to even be near it, let alone touch it. Some folks have been prosecuted for leaving bacon on their doorsteps ! It's a hate crime you know.  Hey, it's a religious thing right ? So, how is that different from a person not wanting to bake a cake for a gay wedding ? The baker is offended, the Muslim is offended, both cite religious reasons. What's the difference ? Look I'm just saying it has to be all or nothing in these situations. Either we are going to allow actions, or in this case, inaction, based on a religious belief, or we are not. If it is the courts' opinion that Jack has to bake that cake, a Muslim has to make me a BLT. It's as simple as that.
 So we have nine Justices, that's their title, that must issue an opinion. That opinion is supposed to be on the constitutionality of a law or whatever. What does the Constitution have to say about all of this ? It says there is to be a separation between church and state. That's what it says, so why is the Supreme court issuing an opinion on a religious matter ? The reason is also a simple one, there is a lot of money at stake here. How many thousands of dollars are being spent on what should be an easy decision. Hey, it's not about the cake, it's not about religion, it is about furthering an agenda of liberalism. I should get my way ! If I don't get my way, I'll sue you and call you names. I'll cry about the separation of church and state, all the while getting the state to rule on a religious conviction. I'll holler discrimination ! You don't like me !!
 Okay, you know how I feel. I'll finish up by saying this. If they rule that Jack has to bake a cake to satisfy these folks I had best see Muslims at the Bar-B- Q !  I want my pork ribs served up hot and tasty. I don't care how you feel about that. I had best not hear about any special diets being provided to prisoners because of their religious beliefs. No halal, no Kosher, nothing special. If they are serving pork chops, that's what you get. I don't care how the animal was killed either, eat it or not, your choice. I had better not see any Muslims stopping to pray either ! Do that on your own time. If that doesn't happen I'd have to sue for being discriminated against wouldn't  I ? That's the problem.
You know what, if a Muslim doesn't want to serve or handle pork fine, he or she can just get a job somewhere else. If a Muslim or a Jew only wants to eat the foods they choose fine, just don't get locked up ! If that baker doesn't want to bake your cake, go somewhere else ! It's not that difficult to understand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment