Sunday, December 20, 2015

Radicalized

 In a moment of anger I wrote some words yesterday. I stated that I was a " radicalized " American. I went to explain I believed in saying the pledge of allegiance. I would fight to defend the constitution and the bill of rights. I must say it felt pretty good saying that too. I garnered a few likes and a coupe comments. There were enough to keep that thought fresh in my mind. They fed that fire. You see, for me, anger comes in a flash and is soon gone. Anger doesn't smolder within me like it does some, I'm grateful for that. I used the term " radicalized " because that is what I hear the pundits saying about the " bad " Muslims. They have become radicalized. I thought about just what is it they are saying there. Are they radicals ( radicalized ) because they believe what their religious texts and Imans tell them to do ? Their texts do tell them they should fight and die for Allah. Their texts do tell them to lie and deceive the infidels and nonbelievers. There texts do tell them to cut the fingers off those that refuse to convert to Islam. They are to behead the nonbelievers ! That is what the book says and if they believe that, they are radicalized. Sounds to me like they are practitioners of the Muslim faith. The whole religion appears rather radical in my eyes.
 I don't want to write about the Muslims anymore. I have pretty much said everything I want to say. I do want to make the case that going by that standard I guess I would also have to be a radical. I believe the Bible and strive to practice its' teachings. I am also a radical American as I fully believe in and support the American way. I believe the words of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights mean just what they say. In these times we have hundreds of lawyers, scholars and activists trying to reinterpret those portions of those documents to suit their agenda. A means to make a profit. They are doing the same with the Bible. But I'm a radical ! I believe in the fundamental principles. That seems at odds doesn't it ? How can you be a fundamentalist and a radical ? You can when the fundamentals are radical !
 The United States was founded by a bunch of radicals. The British called us rebellious. We spoke of the fundamental rights of man. That was pretty radical to them. It was about freedom. The freedom of man to practice his religious belief and make money. That's it in a nutshell. Government is a necessity only to maintain order and discipline. I am a radicalized American as I stand for and will fight to defend our way of life. I make no apologies or excuses. I will do what I feel necessary and prudent to preserve her. Wars are fought by radicals. You are welcome to join my society of radicals. You must however assimilate to that society  and become just as radical as I am about it. Anything less than that is unacceptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment