Thursday, December 24, 2015

Final countdown

 The final push begins this morning ! The list has been checked, twice ! More wrapping to do and preparations to make. Everything needs to be just right. The excitement is building I can feel it in the air Speaking of the air it is almost 70 degrees outside ! Rain most of last night and more on the way. But not even the rain will dampen my Christmas ! Did you catch that, dampen my Christmas, pretty clever huh ? It isn't raining at the moment and I'm glad for that. I have to go to work and of course I have some packages to take with me. I wouldn't want them to get wet. The store closes early today, 7pm. I'll be gone long before that. Got big plans you know.
 This Christmas season has arrived with sudden ferocity. I'm quite certain tomorrow will come and go just as quickly. The kids are older now so the unwrapping of gifts will last a little longer. Funny how things have a way of working out. When they were little they just tore through those gifts one after another. When they were small we also had piles of toys, one after another. That was in the days of buying those " sets " of toys. A few dollars each and so you could afford quite a number of them. Now, the price tags are just a bit higher ( sarcasm there ) and as a consequence fewer. But, they open them slower and so the enjoyment lasts. They will also pause for a cup of hot cocoa and a donut. It is a calmer situation and I like that. Most of us older folks like that, another one of those coincidences in life. Little children can be nerve wracking  at times ! Especially if they get excited about things.
 My countdown calendar says 17 hours and fifty two minutes ! No tic,tic, though it's digital. And I'm sitting here drinking coffee and typing. I had best get going. Here is hoping you all have a wonderful day and a Merry Christmas. Be safe out there. Be especially careful if you go out tonight, there will be reindeer in the sky ! That means if you see brown stuff falling from the sky, it ain't snow ! LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment