Sunday, January 25, 2015

It's just a squall

Today I find myself just listening. That is probably a good thing. We all have times when we should be listening. And listening not so much to others, but to ourselves. I have begun this mornings posting in fits and starts, as the saying goes. Then I listen to what I have written, and am not pleased. I am saying little of value, or interest I think.  I am being a " negative nancy " and I don't like that. Still, I have found no cure for it, just yet.
I feel like I am being faced with a number of situations that I can do nothing about,those uncontrollable incidents in our lives that we all must endure. I realize it is just a part of life and will pass. I also know it feels uncomfortable. I understand that these times are the times that provide a balance. They give us insight and place things in perspective. That doesn't mean I enjoy it. I will persevere.
And so to those of you that read these little postings of mine I wish your day to be a happy one. And that brings me to a thought, a song really. " Some trails are happy ones, others are blue, it's the way you ride the range that counts, here's a happy one for you. "
I'm still sittin' high in the saddle and holdin' my head up high. It'll get better. Or as an old sailor might say,  Fair winds and a following sea are sure to follow a storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment