Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Gaining Attention

I saw a little article about a lady named Tess Munster. At first it was the " Munster " name that caught my attention. We all remember the Munsters, don't we ? So, the article was about her receiving a modeling contract. As it turns out she is a plus size model. She wears a size twenty. Not being real familiar with womens dress sizes I still recognized that as rather large. I clicked on the article to see a picture of this lady. She has a pretty face and looked attractive enough. Now, I will say I have always liked girls with a fuller figure, as it were. These skinny mini things just don't fit my image of an attractive woman. Think more like Ann Margret or Raquel Welch. Of course that is just personal taste.
The very first thing I noticed about her was the tattoos on her arms. They are not just little cutesy things, they are more like sleeves. I find them repulsive. That is a strong word to use but the one that came to mind. Looking beyond the tattoos I noticed the outfit she was wearing/modeling. She is wearing an outfit that exposes her midriff and accentuate her ample breast. All well and good but combined with the tattoos the image of a circus personality is created. Don't get me wrong, it is not that she is a size twenty that I find repulsive but the tatts. She looks quite lovely otherwise.
I will add, at my own peril, that I think the choice of outfits could have been better. It is not disparaging to exercise good taste. As an example, I do not go around without a shirt on in public, nobody wants to see that ! I don't feel that I'm ugly because of it, just showing a little consideration for others. It really is a matter of discretion.
I can not help but wonder if this " modeling " contract was awarded based on the shock value. Tess Munster, size twenty, covered in tattoos just strikes me as a bit exploitative in nature. Maybe I am wrong and that would be fine. I wish nothing but success to this young lady. I'm sure she has heard it all before and I hope she can endure. She feels like she is breaking new ground and forwarding a cause. Good for her and her point is a valid one. Beauty knows no size ! I just don't understand why she chose to mark it all up. That is another decision based on societal perceptions however. At least her perception of society. Nothing wrong with that as long as it is real to her. Only problem being there is little one can do to change it should fashion change.
The bottom line, good luck and much success to Tess Munster.


No comments:

Post a Comment