Thursday, September 12, 2013

Feeling Frazzled

The wife and I have been watching the kids for three days now. We are both starting to feel a little run down and somewhat cranky. It's alright though just brewed a fresh pot of coffee and will be good to go in no time. The one thing I am missing is the news. I haven't been able to sit and listen to the news. I have a habit of complaining about the kids not knowing what is going on in the world and now I know why, no time. I'm feeling somewhat lost in the current events. What are we doing in Syria ? What's happening in Egypt ? What about the million Muslim march and two million bikers ? How did all that turn out ? It is all very unsettling.
There was a time when I thought old people watched the news because they had nothing else to do, guess what ? I was right ! When I reached that point I was thinking it was because I had " matured " and become more aware of world events and how they affected our world. I thought it was because I had finally realized just how important current events are, just like Miss Bird, the English teacher always used to say. Now I know that isn't so after all, I just had time to do that and nothing else on the agenda.
I have been living an Ozzie and Harriet life . Off to work and coming home to the evening news, a meal and some light television viewing in the early evening. Sometimes I would read or work on the commuter while my wife crochets. A little treat, perhaps ice cream, a little before bedtime. Then up in the morning to my fresh perked coffee and repeat. Just rolling along. It is as I wrote on Tuesday, a change of routine. We are on the downside though and everything will be back to normal in no time. Then I can write and complain about that. Isn't that the way it goes ?
I usually try to write something I feel thought provoking or amusing. I find myself a little frazzled. My thoughts are a bit scattered, more than usual I should say, and it is getting difficult to put together a coherent sentence. Closing for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment