Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Protecting the Children

A new study has revealed we may be harming our children. How you ask ? By sending them to school too early in the morning, that's how. They should be allowed to sleep in. Getting them up early to attend classes is making them unable to learn their lessons. They are just too tired. It has nothing to do with allowing them to stay up half the night, it is their sleep patterns. Teenagers especially have a sleep pattern of sleeping in late.
This study concluded that schools should open later in the day and continue into early evening. That is when children are most productive. What the plan was for the teachers staying awake, us older folks need our rest, I didn't hear. I don't think it was mentioned.
I'm thinking this must have something to do with evolution. It didn't seem to be an issue when I was growing up. Why Ben Franklin himself said early to bed,early to rise. What happened to that advice ? My parents got me out of bed every morning, even in summer ! Get UP ! That's what I heard in the mornings. You're not going to lie in bed all day. Are you sick ? Up and at'em ! I learned my lessons alright. One lesson I learned was to get out of bed and get gone quick. If you didn't Dad was liable to put you to work doing something you would rather not do. I wonder if I could site this study and present it to my boss. Eight O'Clock is a little early for me, maybe we should just open at a later time. Not my fault, it's my sleep cycle. Oh and don't forget about my nap cycles either.
I do wonder where these researchers come up with this stuff. Now the world should adjust their schedules to suit individual needs. Give me a break. I doubt the validity of this study. I think you can adjust your own sleep pattern to fit the need. Mom and Dad helped us kids with that. Bedtime was eight O'Clock. No radio, television or lights allowed. Be quiet and go to sleep. I was roused in the morning, quite abruptly if I recall correctly, and told to get up. After a short time I got up all by myself to avoid that scene. I made the adjustment.
Rainy days and Mondays always get me down. I shouldn't have to work on those days or get out of bed for that matter. It is a known fact that productivity decreases Monday mornings and Friday afternoons guess we shouldn't work then. Breakfast should be served at ten too. Is man evolving to be creatures of the night ? Vampires ? Seems like I hear a lot about them these days. All this early rising is damaging us all. We should change it all to protect the children.


No comments:

Post a Comment