Saturday, April 6, 2013

A sprig of spring

While I was walking home the other day I noticed the bushes in bloom and dandelions popping up. I snagged a few of those dandelions, my guinea pig loves them, and brought my wife a branch of that bush. I called it a sprig of spring. It was just a couple small things that pleased me. Spring really is arriving. I just knew it would !
Baseball season has begun, another indicator of the season. On the evening news weather forecast I'm seeing 70 degrees and more. Slept last night with the window open. The grass is greening and the birds are chirping. As Zac Brown would say, " Life is good today. " I'll be going first to my Grandsons' lacrosse game and later in the day to a Shorebirds baseball game. The Shorebirds are a farm team for the Orioles and play at Arthur Purdue stadium. Yes, that Purdue. The chicken man. It is a wonderful little ballpark for a family outing. Very family friendly. It even has a carousel free for the kiddies to ride. Fireworks will follow the game.
It is wonderful to get out and about after a long cold winter. It is almost like discovering a new world . The brightness of the sun and that strange tingling feeling. Warmth ! That what it is. Warmth from the sun. Activities being planned. Fishing, crabbing, going to the park. Camping out and having a picnic. Cool evenings and swatting at bugs. Coolers, folding furniture and flip flops. Can a sunburn be far behind ?
As I continued my walk, carrying that sprig of spring, all those thoughts went through my mind. Annie singing " Tomorrow " began to play in the background of my thoughts. It's only a day away. The earth is waking from its' slumber. New life,new hope,new promise.



No comments:

Post a Comment