Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Home

They say home is where the heart is. I would say home is where your memories sleep. The things that have past are often the most comforting. We may look to the future and hope for a brighter day, but in the end that is all it is, hope. The past holds the facts. The past is not subject to change, just interpretation. It is my belief one should not dwell on the failures of yesterday, but strive to enjoy the promise of today. Conversely, one should relive the triumphs and look to the future.
It is true that your home is a physical place. That place may change over time due to the forces of nature and man. The home I speak of is not there. The home I speak of is a collection. A collection of thoughts memories, dreams and aspirations. As long as one keeps all of these,one is home. To abandon any of these is to lose your way. To become homesick is the desire to live in the past. It can not be done. One can visit that place but never return. And so it is a paradox. The desire for the past, living for today and the hope of the future. I would say to remember the past, live for today and plan for tomorrow.
We all carry our home within us. Our homes are our past. Our lives are influenced by those we choose to invite into our homes. Be careful in those choices. Only you know the size of that home. Only you can determine the inhabitants. As for me I want a peaceful home. One filled with hope and love. A place where I can get a good nights sleep ! And there is another paradox. We all want to live happy lives and we measure that by, getting a good nights sleep. I guess that is what heaven is really all about, a peaceful sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment