Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Goodbye 2012

2012 is over. It seems to have ended and left without incident. Could be I just don't watch the television that I used to, but I did not see many of those,year in review shows. Just as well I'm thinking, I can't think of too much good news this past year. Tragic shootings, falling off of cliffs and the loss of some iconic Americans. The past year just doesn't seem to have been a very uplifting time. I'm sure it is just because of the past few months. Natural disasters and mad men.
I'm sure changes will come in the impending months. Gun control and mental health being a primary focus. The cliff has been avoided, sorta, more put off than a solution found and it will continue to be debated. I'm hoping for a turn in this country back to more fundamental and conservative attitudes. A restoration of values as it were. I'm hoping more of us go from being complainers to being doers. Action needs to be taken and the majority of us know what needs to be done. We must muster the courage to do it ! We must offer solutions not problems. A return to good old common sense. 
It is very difficult to undo changes that have been made. We will have to learn to live with these changes, I suppose. In my opinion, some have been very dangerous changes. I can only see these changes as a part of social decay. These changes trouble me. But the new year is here and with it new hope. New hope for a better America. It is up to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment