Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Direction

Shakespeare said, All the worlds a stage, and all the men and women merely players, or something similar to that. I  believe he was correct in that. I also believe it was a lot easier when we all knew our parts. Gasp. I'm treading on thin ice here. I'm just saying I'm thinking we have all gotten a little lost here. When our " roles " are less defined or non existent it does tend to lead to chaos. Imagine a play where the players just make up their parts as they go along. Then once their character has been established, they magically change their role. Happens all the time now a days. I will leave it to you to infer what I'm talking about.
Not everyone can play the leading role. Some of us need to be supporting characters. Random characters and cameo appearances are fine, but the plot line cannot depend upon them. We need stability. It just seems like too many of the players are uncomfortable in their roles. There is a reason for that. No direction. We all need direction. There are too many players now that feel they do not need this direction and can just go it alone. That's a big mistake. I will repeat, we all need direction. Direction may come from many sources and not all of them good. Personally, I believe I know the script. The script has been around for over 1500 years. The whole story is there, one need only read it.
That's all I have to say about that. I'm not preaching and this blog is not intended for that purpose. I'm just stating my belief. We all do need direction of some sort. To go through life without any direction or belief is a foolish thing. Common sense will tell you that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment