Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Winter Concert

I had the pleasure of attending the Winter Concert given by the Greensboro Elementary School. The band played, the Chorus sang and the glee club presented a Charlie Brown Christmas. My granddaughter is a member of the chorus and sang beautifully, of course. And she looked stunning as well ! I am truly blessed. But enough bragging, well you can never brag too much when you are a grandparent, the show was wonderful. If one wasn't in the spirit of the season going in, you were going out.
I was especially pleased that the program began with the singing of the national anthem. That always warms my heart. In addition I was pleased that there was little of the " politically correct " injected into the program. Merry Christmas was said, and Christmas songs performed. The glee club presented a Charlie Brown Christmas complete with the reading of the, meaning of Christmas speech. Wonderful and no one seemed offended. That is one of the reasons I like Greensboro as much as I do. We still have the small town,home town feel. Especially during the Christmas season. I believe it is a wonderful thing for the children. They may not call Maryland the heartland, but it is a close second. We still teach the old time values in these parts.
I am grateful my grandchildren are here to benefit from this and not in some inner city somewhere or suburb.
Greensboro is a good place to learn and grow.
Morgan Reichart

No comments:

Post a Comment