Saturday, March 31, 2012

Looks and Money

Got up to discover the winning lottery ticket for the mega millions was sold right here in Maryland. Only problem is, I don't have that ticket. I'm not surprised. I was getting nervous thinking about all that money and just what I would do with it. The experts say it puts a terrible strain on you. Over half the people that win these lotteries wind up broke, divorced, depressed or all three. Man I dodged a bullet on that one. At least now I can go on about my business without that burden on my mind.
Yesterday the news did a piece about the effects of Facebook on people. Turns out 75% of us get body envy looking at the pictures of others posted on there. A study was conducted and the results were clear. Apparently we see other people and wish we looked like them. Feelings of jealousy and guilt creep in. It leads to depression and buying used treadmills ! It is damaging our self image.
I thought about that and breathed a sigh of relief. I post very few pictures of myself on facebook. So others don't get to looking at me. Turns out I'm doing a public service. That way I'm not contributing to others depression ! Who knew ? If 75% of the people get upset looking at others, 25% of us have to be looking good. I'll join the 25%. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I figure it this way. I didn't win the lottery and become rich. You can't have it all I guess. Looks and Money. I'll have to settle for the looks.
Keep in mind, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I'll continue to view this situation through the mind's eye. Occasionally I catch a glimpse of an aging man with gray hair and a bit of a pot belly. I wonder how he gets in my bathroom mirror ? No matter, he is soon gone and that youthful guy I know so well is back ! I just don't click on that button that says " display images " it's better that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment