Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Hello Spring

Yesterday evening at about 5:30 I was sitting at my computer. It was quite warm outside and I had opened a window. I had to raise the storm window and lower the screen. First time that had been done in a while. The fresh air and slight breeze was pleasant. That's when it struck me. It is spring ! The day before had been rather cold and damp feeling but today, just like that, it was spring.
Not that we have had much of what you would call winter this year. I did see a snowflake or two and the cats water dish was frozen a time or two. All in all winter just sorta got skipped. I'm not complaining about that, it does wonders for the electric bill when your heating is electric. Also saves me from having to move to Florida. Being a native New Yorker that is almost inevitable though. In the last few years I hear the Carolinas are becoming the new Florida.
While watching the news they had a piece on bugs. A bug expert was telling us how the bugs never really went away this year. They have already seen deer ticks and such moving about. There is concern about stink bugs and mosquitoes. So before the season can really get going their are those that are complaining. Too bad they can't use all the salt piled up in the salt domes to control bugs. I'll be satisfied if the warm weather doesn't bring any of the violent storms other parts of the country have been having.
So now it is time to service the lawn mower. Clean up the yard and till the garden. No more coming home to rest after work. I'll have other chores to attend to. Daylight is a burnin'. Don't know why they say this is daylight saving time because really we are using it up. It'll be light out until almost 9pm before long.
Time sure is going faster. Winter is gone and spring is here. Just like that !

No comments:

Post a Comment