Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve

I've got those last minute preparations to complete. Just a few more trips to the store and I'll be ready. Checking my, countdown to Christmas, Hallmark ornament I see I have seventeen hours forty two minutes and thirty five seconds to go ! To say I am anxious is a bit of an understatement. I'm ready to celebrate the day. I can't wait to see the look on the Grandkids faces. Even though they are getting older and the excitemnt is a little more subdued it is still the highlight.
I can't help but compare the excitement and joy children feel receiving their gifts to the joy we should all feel receiving ours, Jesus Christ. It is the closest thing to a parallel that I can think of. When they are small they just accept their gifts without question. They embrace them and love them. It is only as we age we begin to doubt and question. If only man could retain that joy of receiving throughout our lives.
Christmas eve is a time of excitement for me but also a time for reflection. It is on Christmas eve that I will " listen to the Christmas Tree." What story it will tell me or lesson to be learned I don't know. Sometimes I get a clear message and other times I don't. It really depends on me,whether I am truly listening or not.
The gifts are under the tree and waiting. The message is there as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment