Friday, November 25, 2011

Black Indeed

Black Friday !! I hate it. I hate it. I hate it.
Let me begin by saying, " I hate black Friday ! "
I'm not a big fan of shopping on any day but this day especially ruffles my feathers. You entice me out into a crowd of people willing to trample you to save a few bucks ! I don't think so. If you can afford to sell those items at those prices on Friday,you can sell them to me on Saturday. I don't care what kind of rhetoric you try to hand me I'm not buying it. No pun intended. How or why all this nonsense started I can't imagine. It is just a big marketing ploy and a great majority of the population is falling for it. Pitching tents outside the stores, really ! I say the same thing every year," you gotta be kidding me."
Has our society become so jaded that we will stoop to this level in the name of savings ? Do we really need these items so badly we will risk life and limb ? Each year we hear horror stories of people being injured and in a few cases killed over this Black Friday event ! All in the name of savings.
This year they have started in on Thursday as well. No time to be Thankful, gotta shop ! And don't forget about cyber Monday.I can't stand it. Half the country acting like a bunch of damn fools.
 The Christmas season traditionally begins the day after Thanksgiving but that tradition is long gone folks ! Christmas, in case you have lost sight of the fact, is about the birth of Christ ! It is not about buying gifts at a black Friday sale.
The day is properly named. Black. Should be called pitch black, because obviously a whole lotta folks can't see the writing on the wall or their hand in front of their face ! The day is dedicated to taking your money ! Spend ,spend ,spend. Charge it if you don't have it. Make someone happy. Let me tell you this little life lesson, you can't buy friendship ! You can't charge it either. The retail business would have you believe their entire year relys' upon this one day. I don't think so. Still have expenses to pay for the other 364 days in the year. So ,you're trying to tell me that by selling stuff at a loss one day of the year makes my business profitable. Sure it does. If I'm in business I'd do that every day and retire in six months ! Makes about as much sense.
Take care and be careful out there. Oh,did I mention ; I Hate Black Friday !

No comments:

Post a Comment