Sunday, May 22, 2011

We made it !

Well it would seem the world will keep on turning after all. Despite predictions to the contrary the rapture did not occur at six o'clock last night. What a relief. I was standing in line to attend my grand daughters dance recital. Would have hated to miss that. Now I guess we have little to worry about except 2012,the next end date. Glad I didn't go out and charge a bunch of stuff !
I am always amused by things like this. I am more amused that there are people who will believe it. Call me a skeptic but I think only one man knows the answer and he ain't telling. I do know this so called prophet or preacher is a rich man. Owns a string of radio stations.
I do wonder why people like him make such ridiculous predictions ? Here it is the 22 of May and you got egg all over your face. Why would you put yourself in that position ? Obviously he was making a lot of money so why not just keep that going ? If I owned a thriving business I'm not telling my customers I'm going out of business ! Doesn't make a lot of sense to me. This guy made this prediction before. He must be a glutton for punishment.
I can only surmise he wanted his fifteen minute of fame. That is the only explanation I can think of. He spent a few million dollars on advertising his " belief " that the world would end. He did get his name out there. He was mentioned on the morning news. I don't think many will remember him, except for those unfortunate to have given him their money. And worse still,those unfortunate souls that actually believed this charlatan.
I can't help but wonder why he would choose this path. If I had millions to spend and wanted to be remembered I'm sure I could think of something better. Maybe build a homeless shelter or provide free health care for underprivileged children. Build a monument to the Veterans or something. Choosing to be the person that successfully predicts the end of the world is pointless. If you are correct, nobody will know it ! Duh. What is the point if I can't say, " I told you so. "
He certainly isn't the first and most assuredly will not be the last to make a prediction. Still I wonder why ?
I just can't see the logic in it. Did he really believe that ? I doubt it. Then again, I'm a skeptic by nature.
If it sounds to good to be true,it probably isn't. If someone claims to be able to predict the future, I'll just wait and see. If I'm wrong you can tell me, " I told you so ! " So, nah,nah,nah. And I hate a " I told you so."

No comments:

Post a Comment