Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What was that ?

Again I listened with amusement as our President gave his speech. Now before anybody gets upset let me start by saying I am amused by all political speeches regardless of party affiliation. That being said I will continue.
I enjoy the splendor of the setting. American flags lined up almost in a semi-circle and each one hanging exactly the same. The lecturn with the presidential seal. The rest of the background a stark white. The the man himself striding up to speak.
What I find amusing about his speech,and most all politicians speeches,is how they can talk for a half hour and never really say anything. The spin doctors in their glory. We all know that he doesn't write the speech but has a team to do that. I'm thinking he should have read it over a few more times because he did stumble a bit. Last night I was particularly struck by his frequent use of "I" did this and "we" did that. We are handing over leadership to our partners,etc. Then his going on to say The United States isn't getting involved. Except with coalition forces that are getting involved. I like it when he bragged about taking the troops out of Iraq but kept it real low key that these same troops just shifted over to Afghanistan.
The president says we will not put ground troops in Libya. Didn't he just say we would be part of the coalition force ? So,should their commander,remember Barrack said he was handing that over,put troops on the ground are our troops not going ? I noticed he didn't take questions last night. I wouldn't have either. There were so many contradictions in that speech he'd still be trying to explain. The speech lasted just about 30 minutes. I think he just wanted to go watch Dancing with the Stars !
Another thing that always amuses me is the analysts afterward. I love the way they presume to tell me what the candidate, or in this case,President ,just said. I heard him and can understand English just fine thank you.
I heard the President talk for thirty minutes and say little of substance. Not making any commitments and leaving plenty of loopholes,just in case. Politicians,got to love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment