Saturday, March 26, 2011

Interrupted

I hate it when my routine is interrupted. I,like most of humanity,am a creature of habit. I have my schedule.
Normally I would have had this blog written. I like to get up,grab my coffee and check face book and the mail. After that it is time to write down the days thought. But not today,we had a sleepover.
I love the grand kids and enjoy having them stay but it sure does disturb everything. The Disney channel takes over. A constant barrage of questions and/or requests. Can I or I 'm hungry. It is difficult to keep a train of thought. The house is a mess and that in itself is an annoyance.
I sit at my computer,which is in the living room,usually without the TV on and write down what I'm thinking about. This morning the TV is on and I find it very distracting. My grandson is over on the couch and being very chatty. I think he is starting to detect the annoyance in my voice. Yet,he continues ! When my morning routine is upset the whole day will be that way. I know I will not be able to get back on the track. The girls,Grandma and Morgie,are baking in the kitchen. That doesn't bother me at all. It is in a different area and my help is not needed. Baking is not one of my talents so I'm off the hook.
I'm feeling a little flustered when I can't anticipate what is going to happen next. When it is just my wife and I things are stable. When you throw kids into the mix things have a way of changing; quickly ! Kinda keeps you on edge a bit. Yes,my whole routine is fouled up. And it will remain that way until tomorrow evening.
It's a double sleepover ! They are staying again tonight. Don't misunderstand me I love having them around.
An old saying of my Mothers' is brought to mind. " Company is like fish, after three days it begins to stink."
baking bread
I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment