Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Forrest Gump

Forrest Gump is one of my favorite movies of all time. All the characters were portrayed in an excellent fashion and quite believable. Funny and sad at the same time. The sayings are words to live by. The lessons many.
I think myself along with thousands of others took these lessons like a refresher course. We all knew them beforehand but some of us needed a reminder. Every now and again one of these lessons pops into my mind. I smile and see the truth in them. Life is like a box of chocolates. Stupid is as stupid does. But the film and lessons go so much deeper than that. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all could treat our fellow man like Forrest did ? Unassuming and non judgemental Forrest just accepted who he was and who everyone else was. Sometimes it was portrayed that he just didn't know any better but I was left with a sense that on some level he did. When he said, I'm not a very smart man but I know what love is, I found that to be completely believable. I think that Forrest may have understood better than most of us.
I realize that Forrest is only a character in a movie. Fictional characters can have a dramatic impact on peoples lives though. John Wayne as Rooster Cogburn. John Wayne as just about anyone.
The movie Forrest Gump comes on television quite often. I watch it quite often. Each time I anticipate the next line or plot change and am still pleasantly surprised. Occasionally I'll even pick up another slight nuance.
I like to watch the movie for its' entertainment value and as a refresher course on life.
And that is all I have to say about that !

No comments:

Post a Comment