Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Change in Style

Earlier this month I touched on the subject of Ads. They continue to amuse me with their claims and disclaimers. Saw a new one the other day that caught my eye. It was a bra commercial for Victoria's secrets.
Not many secrets there. Anyway,in this commercial they are touting a bra (funny word brassiere) that pushes up and adds fullness. Heard that girls used to use Kleenex for the same purpose but have no direct knowledge about that. Then,for some reason,it just popped into my head those commercials when I was a lot younger. They were for Playtex,cross your heart bras ! They lift and separate. Also shaped you into a cone like structure. Madonna made fun of those and fat ladies in operas still wear them.
In my last two years of high school the girls were burning their bras as a sign of Independence. I don't know any that did personally and if they did I didn't notice. Their problem,not mine. The whole issue just didn't work out though, for what I can only assume are practical reasons. Comfort and gravity being primary factors.
Nevertheless by buying this product you will be transformed into a sumptuous object of desire. Clothes make the man but underwear makes the woman. That's the message I seem to get. Well,at my age I'm not so easily distracted. The proper clothing can help that is true. No matter how much money you spend on clothing it can't work miracles.
 When I was young a few glimpses into the women's underwear section of the Sears big book was pretty hot stuff. Now you can see a lot more on prime time television. Those ads are pretty revealing. Of course I don't know why those gals are also wearing their heels with their underwear. I usually put my shoes on last. Gotta really be tough if you are wearing skinny jeans !

1 comment:

  1. remember when they could only show bras on ads if they were on a plastic mannequin?

    ReplyDelete